We at BETTAWAY COMMUNITY CHURCH (DELFT) believe that God has called us to make the community in which we are based a better place. We have a strong sense to not just feed the people in Delft spiritually, but emotionally and physically as well. We want to walk alongside people who have been put in this area living in informal settlements and asbestos houses where poverty, aids, unemployment and crime is rife.
Practically, by helping them to better themselves through education and finding good jobs, etc. Mentally, by causing people to realise that their present circumstances should not mold them or push them down, but it should take them to the Cross of Jesus, and the Cross should expose to them the hope that there is in Him. We have seen many lives changed in this way. How we have and would like to do this, is to provide them with a safe place to worship God in.
We have in the past run a HIV/AIDS workshop and have been able to, with the help from other groups, fix up living conditions, aid in job applications, and mentor young people in finding confidence, faith and courage to be able to find a place of worth in the community and in the difficult areas in which they live in.
We believe that as a church in this community, we should MAKE DISCIPLES OF ALL MEN, IN TEACHING THE WORD OF GOD.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired; the only infallible, authoritative Word of God;
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and those that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.